Drug & Alcohol Rehabs in Tennessee
Find the Top Drug & Alcohol Rehab in Tennessee
Addiction is a life or death situation, and we strongly recommend seeking professional help even when choosing a treatment provider. The call is free, and our certified addiction professionals are on call 24/7 to help you and your family find the right help.
Whether you’re seeking treatment for alcohol abuse, drug abuse, or a combination of the two, rehabs in Tennessee are well-equipped to help you find freedom. With over 200 facilities across the state, you have a wide selection of treatment options.
You’ll find mostly outpatient facilities in Tennessee, where clients attend counseling and treatment services during the day but are able to maintain their work or family lives. Around 1 in every 3 rehabs in Tennessee are inpatient facilities, also known as residential facilities. By choosing inpatient care, you or your loved one will be safely separated from potential relapse early in the process and able to focus entirely on recovery.
You’ll find a good portion of Tennessee’s rehabs offer dual diagnosis treatment, for clients with co-occurring substance abuse and mental disorders. It’s well-known that addiction comes with unique underlying conditions for each individual. At a dual diagnosis rehab, the staff is prepared to help with issues like trauma, anxiety, depression, or other forms of mental illness that might contribute to substance abuse.
In terms of payment, almost all Tennessee facilities accept cash or self-payment. Many accept private insurance plans, but you’ll have to ask about which plans specifically they take. A majority of rehabs in the state also accept Medicaid, Medicare, state-financed, or federal military insurance. Tennessee’s Department of Mental Health & Substance Abuse website also has information about the Access to Recovery (ATR) program for people who cannot afford treatment.
Featured Addiction Rehab Listings
Crestwyn Behavioral Health Hospital
9485 Crestwyn Hills Dr
Memphis, TN 38125
Village Behavioral Health Treatment Center
2431 Jones Bend Rd
Louisville, TN 37777
JourneyPure At The River
5110 Florence Road
Murfreesboro, TN, 37129
Mirror Lake Recovery Center
999 Girl Scout Rd
Burns, TN 37029
1009 N Thompson Ln
Murfreesboro, TN 37129
Select a Rehab Center by County
The opioid epidemic has been Tennessee’s number 1 public health crisis this year. Abuse of heroin and other opiates have increased dramatically, as well as the number of yearly drug overdose deaths in the state. To protect its communities, Tennessee has taken a proactive and empathetic approach to prevention and treatment.
Tennessee — Building Stronger Recovery Communities
The Tennessee Department of Mental Health & Substance Abuse Services has worked hard to make treatment more accessible and provide quality care to those with co-occurring conditions. The state has prescription drug take-back boxes, growing anti-drug coalitions, and an innovative peer support program, all aimed at preventing substance abuse and supporting recovering people. Tennessee’s communities are uniting, and the state has become a hub of recovery.
There are so many quality treatment facilities to choose from in Tennessee, with unique programs that are pioneering the treatment field. The state’s welcoming communities make it a great place to stay for aftercare beyond treatment. As you search for a Tennessee rehab for you or a loved one, feel free to call us to talk about your options: 1-866-317-7050.
- More than 400,000 people in Tennessee are dependent upon or abusing alcohol or other substances every year.
- Only around 4% of the people in the state who need treatment for alcohol abuse attend treatment.
- Almost 10% of the people who need treatment for drug abuse attend treatment.
- Among 2015 treatment admissions, 30% of them reported opiates other than heroin as their primary substance of abuse.
- The next most-reported substance of abuse was alcohol, followed by marijuana, and then amphetamines.
Tennessee Treatment and Recovery
Most Tennessee rehabs provide:
- Substance abuse screening and diagnosis
- Mental health screening
- Involvement with 12-step programs
- Individual, group, and family counseling sessions
- Relapse-prevention and anger management
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Aftercare or continuing care
Recovery Advocates in Tennessee
- The Tennessee Department of Mental Health & Substance Abuse Services is the state’s authority on behavioral health, serving the state’s citizens with mental health and substance abuse problems. The Department is extremely involved in the state’s innovative prevention, treatment, and recovery efforts.
- The Department started its Lifeline Peer Project to help people in recovery through peer support from fellow recovering people. The project works to eliminate the stigmas surrounding addiction, open more self-help support groups, and connect people in need with treatment services.
- Recovery within Reach has a unique peer support program, offering people with 2 years of recovery of more the opportunity to be trained as Certified Peer Recovery Specialists. Peer Specialists work with people who are early in the recovery process, giving them guidance from their own first-hand experiences with addiction and recovery.
- NAMI Tennessee is a grassroots organization, educating Tennessee’s communities about mental illness and substance abuse, as well as advocating for people in recovery and those in need of help. The organization has been extremely involved in shaping the state’s treatment services and recovery support.
- Recovery Within Reach is a website funded by the Department, that serves as a recovery resource. The site offers educational information, employment and housing opportunities, as well as information about self-help groups in the state.