Sober Nation has always been about community.
Featuring other people’s writing, ideas, art and sobriety is a big part of what we do and it is important that we continue to do that.
WE ARE OFFICIALLY LAUNCHING OUT AUTHORSHIP PROGRAM!
If you want to become an official author of Sober Nation, you can do that! We would love to feature your writing.
How Do I Get Started?
- The first step is to contact me. Email me at email@example.com or you can fill out the contact form at the bottom of this page. I would like to at least have a brief dialogue with you so that I know you are serious.
- You need to set up an avatar. An avatar is simply a profile picture that is connected to your email address. We do this so that in your author bio (which will be at the bottom of all the articles you write) there will be a picture of you.
- Go to gravatar.com. Click the blue button that says “create a gravatar.”
- Your gravatar MUST BE a head shot.
- Next email me the email you used to create the gravatar as well as a 2-3 sentence bio of who you are, what you love to do and any links to websites you would like featured in your bio.
- I will set you up with an author profile. Once your profile is set up, you can simply log into your own designated profile and start writing at your own pace.
What Are The Guidelines?
- This is not a paid position. We designate authorship for people that want to add value to the Sober Nation community, as well as people who may be interested in growing their own brand through guest blogging.
- Articles must be AT THE VERY LEAST 800 words.
- You can not insert pictures into your article. However, if you would like to add your own pictures please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will do my best to get it inserted properly.
- We do allow profanity and moderately graphic content. However, Sober Nation reserves the right to send an article back or not publish it if I feel that it is not in line with our community tone or if it is overly self-promoting.
Am I allowed to Insert Links?
Yes. I have no problem allowing links to other websites. However, if it looks to be manipulative to Google’s algorithms or if the links are not providing resources or value to the audience and to the article then I will not publish your article or I will remove the links before I publish it.
Am I Allowed to Mention My Own Company or Blog?
It is preferred that you use the author bio of your profile to mention any personal ambitions you are working on. With that being said, you can link back to your own sites if the link is providing context to the information within the article.
Be tasteful. Add value and don’t try to pull one over on me and everything will be all good!
Can I Write If I Work For A Treatment Center?
Yes… and No.
If the intention of your article is to feature a particular facility or to get press for any type of business, then that is a paid service. Overly promotional content is not allowed and I reserve that as a paid option.
However, if you are willing to write very content that would provide value to the Sober Nation audience by…
- giving them tips on sobriety
- informing them about news related to addiction and sobriety
- entertaining them
- giving them personal experience, strength, and hope
Then you are more than welcome to put a link to a facility or business within the author bio.
What Should I Write About?
You are allowed to write about whatever you want. However, the best way to verify that your topic will be published is to either ask me directly through email or pull a topic from the bi-weekly email I will send out to verified Sober Nation authors. These emails will contain great topics that are approved ahead of time.
When Can I Start?!!
RIGHT NOWWWWWW…. WHHOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!
Email email@example.com or fill out the contact form below to get started.