Sober Nation has always been about community.
Featuring other people’s writing, ideas, art and sobriety is a big part of what we do and it is important that we continue to do that.
Our authorship program involves a group of like-minded and creative individuals who want to bring awareness, value, and shed light on the topic of addiction and sobriety.
If you want to become an official author of Sober Nation, we would love to feature your writing.
What Are The Guidelines?
A weekly email is sent out to our writers with topics, ideas, and current addiction news you may want to write about for the week.
- You may come up with your own ideas, however your article MUST:
- Provide value
- Provide recent news
- Be thought provoking
- Tell a captivating story
- Be easy to read
If this is not the case, Sober Nation reserves the right not to publish work that does not fit our guidelines.
- Articles must be AT THE VERY LEAST 900 words.
- This is not a paid position
- We do allow profanity and moderately graphic content. However, Sober Nation reserves the right to send an article back or not publish it if we feel it is not in line with our community tone or is overly self-promoting.
If you would like to simply share your experience, strength, and hope, please go to our Sober Story section to submit your work there. We will feature this on our social media sites as well.
Am I Allowed to Mention My Own Company or Blog?
It is preferred that you use the author bio of your profile to mention any personal ambitions you are working on. With that being said, you can link back to your own sites if the link is providing context to the information within the article.
Be tasteful. Add value and don’t try to pull one over on me and everything will be all good!
What Should I Write About?
You are allowed to write about whatever you want. However, the best way to verify that your topic will be published is to either ask me directly through email or pull a topic from the weekly email I will send out to verified Sober Nation authors. These emails will contain great topics that are approved ahead of time.
What Does Being A Writer At Sober Nation Mean?
- We live our lives with integrity and honesty
- We live our lives as sober members of society
- We provide value to those who read our articles
- We have ideas and experiences that need to be shared with the world
When Can I Start?!!
RIGHT NOWWWWWW…. WHHOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the contact form below to get started.