Additional Information About Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis
Students in Recovery of Indianapolis (SIRI) is a student organization at the Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis, that
Students in Recovery of Indianapolis (SIRI) began as a student organization for addiction recovery support and advocacy at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) on October 9, 2014. Since then, SIRI has grown to become a suite of support services and opportunities for all students interested in mental health and addiction recovery, including advocates, allies, and other supporters.
The organization strives to promote advocacy through education and awareness in hopes of reducing the stigma associated with addiction and creating a safe, supportive social environment that allows students to develop personally and professionally in pursuit of academic success and professionalism.
- Student organization: Students in Recovery of Indianapolis
- Free meetings with professional Recovery Coach
- Weekly on-campus recovery support meetings
- Late-night alcohol alternative social events
- Off-campus social outings for students in the recovery community
- Recovery advocacy and stigma-reduction campaigns
- Partners with on-campus and community referral network