AspenRidge Recovery, a Colorado-based rehab and treatment center specializing in mental health, complex trauma, and substance addiction, has launched AspenRidge REACH, the state’s first comprehensive, 100% online intensive outpatient program (IOP) for adults. Each year, thousands of Coloradans suffer from mental health and substance abuse disorders, but do not seek treatment due to lack of availability, privacy concerns, society anxiety, or career and family commitments. AspenRidge REACH aims to eliminate these barriers, providing more Coloradans with access to quality mental health and recovery treatment. Telehealth and online addiction treatment are more relevant now than ever with the recent spread of COVID-19.
“In 2018, nearly 975 Coloradans died from substance overdoses, with rates being highest in rural counties with limited resources and access to treatment,” said Ethan Castro, chief executive officer of AspenRidge Recovery. “AspenRidge REACH makes quality treatment available to approximately 3 million Coloradans who previously did not have access, more than doubling the total availability of IOP services in the state.”
Similar to the in-person IOP, the AspenRidge REACH online addiction treatment program is led by licensed therapists, and includes all of the same services delivered directly to the client’s home through private, HIPAA-compliant video therapy. Anyone with a smartphone, tablet, or computer and an Internet connection can access the telehealth IOP program and services, which include:
- 12-week curriculum with individual, group, and family sessions
- 10+ hours of online therapy each week
- Dual diagnosis treatment and trauma-informed care
- Psychiatry and case management support services
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), relapse prevention, and ACT (mindfulness-based treatment modality) curricula
- Focus on therapeutic process and peer support in every session
- Addiction and recovery skill building and education
- Random urinalysis with DNA testing for accountability
Does Online Addiction Treatment Work?
AspenRidge has seen a 20% increase in attendance since the launch of their online IOP in early February. Eighty percent (80%) of AspenRidge Alumni state that they stopped using/are sober one year or more after starting treatment. Based on studies showing the efficacy of telehealth, AspenRidge expects the same results for its online IOP program, which integrates a number of tools to ensure participation and accountability such as regular urinalysis and attendance and online engagement checks.
In the mental health space specifically, many millennials are already embracing telehealth and online therapy services like Talkspace and BetterHelp. According to a recent survey by Ctel, were “far more likely to express an interest in telemedicine compared to prior generations.” According to the American Psychological Association, research states that telehealth is an acceptable alternative to traditional face-to-face care, can be just as effective, and offers numerous benefits including convenience, accessibility, and removal of common barriers to care.
“As telehealth demand and adoption continue to grow, it’s important that all healthcare providers, including those for mental health and recovery treatment, respond to meet the need,” Castro said. “We’re excited to lead this effort in Colorado, bringing a proven, affordable, and convenient treatment option to people in all areas of the state.”
AspenRidge REACH online addiction treatment is currently available to Colorado residents. AspenRidge Recovery accepts most major insurance policies and offers affordable options for those without insurance. For more information visit aspenridgerecovery.com/reach or call (970) 818-5287 see if this program is a good fit for you.
About AspenRidge Recovery
AspenRidge Recovery is a Joint Commission-accredited, dual-diagnosis treatment center that specializes in treating co-occurring substance use disorders, mental health disorders, and complex trauma for adults. Using a combination of holistic and evidence-based mental health, trauma, and addiction treatment modalities, AspenRidge provides each individual with a personalized, unique treatment plan that addresses their specific needs. AspenRidge Recovery has two physical locations in Lakewood and Fort Collins, Colorado. For more information, visit AspenRidge Recovery.
Online Recovery Resources
- AspenRidge is also offering a 15% discount on AspenRidge REACH Online IOP Program for Colorado residents experiencing hardship in this time. If you or someone you know is ready to get help, please give us a call at (970) 818-5287 or email email@example.com for a free initial consult.
- AspenRidge Recovery is hosting online recovery support meetings open to the public every Monday Wednesday and Friday at 8PM. Click Here to Join
- Marty Rein, AspenRidge’s Clinical Director is hosting a free session on codependency to support friends and family members of those struggling with addiction on Thursday March 26th at 6PM. Click here to register.
- AspenRidge is hosting a free community meditation Friday, March 27th at 9AM in collaboration with Harmony Foundation. The meditation will be 15-20 minutes followed by Q&A. Click here to register
- Click here to view all of our upcoming events.